Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Changes

I've been thinking, that not so far off, Evan is going to have to start sharing with his new sibling. Our time, his toys, and this blog! Up until now, I've pretty much kept it to solely Evan pictures & doings - but we'll be changing it to a slightly broader look into our family as it grows. I hope you'll enjoy the transition!


So, a few thoughts from me about where we are...

Being a mother to Evan is the most rewarding job I've ever had, and I'm over-the-moon excited about welcoming our daughter to the world in the spring! In hindsight it wasn't very long, but it seemed like eternity that I searched for something that I was passionate about - and it wasn't until I was gifted with the choice of leaving my career behind that I finally found clarity. It was extremely important to us that our children have a parent that is with them full time, and the journey has been as rewarding and as challenging as you'll hear from any parent. Being a mother has also led me to getting certified as a Labor Doula, which from the first birth I attended felt like what I was meant to do my whole life. I would consider myself a lucky person, but our lives today are beyond what even I would chalk up to as just luck. I am grateful for so many things - our family, friends and health at the top of the list, but also for this amazing place we call home (both our wonderful neighborhood & just CO in general), for the experiences we've been given, and for the people that love us and continue to join us for this ride.

No comments: