Monday, March 2, 2009

Bye Bye Grandma!

After we dropped Grandma off today, Evan fake cried in the car and said, "I never get to see Grandma!". Awww...

We had a great week together, got out for some hiking & a fun dinner out, and doing our usual stuff with friends. I think it was fun for mom to see Evan interacting with the other kids now that they're all so much more into playing WITH each other, rather than the parallel play. We were both sad to see her go today.




Pete and I went to a seminar with a bunch of other couples on this parenting style we've been trying to use...trying being the key word here. I would say we haven't been extremely consistent, and it was really helpful to learn from the source (the father & son that developed it). We're excited for all of the "opportunities" to implement our new skills! It was also fun just to get out for a whole day of adult time.

I'm now in my final trimester, and still feeling pretty good and energetic. I've been getting lots of exercise with my wonderfully athletic and motivated friends - these girls are so inspiring, and keep me healthier than I would be on my own (thanks!!). It's pretty fun to come up with new ways every week to get in a workout AND let the kids get their playing in. We're looking forward to a great week playing in the sunshine & even more warm weather!




No comments: