Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mom's Day!

Happy day to all of the wonderful, hard working moms out there!
Mommy & her monster - I mean...adorable, brilliant, idyllic son:
It says a lot about my current state of mind and energy level when my perfect day is as simple as lots of good food, sleep & having help running some errands. I'm actually grateful for the cloudy, cool day today...like many people that live in this perpetually sunny state, it's sometimes nice to have an excuse NOT to go out and be active!
We're down to the final couple of weeks, and OH MY GOODNESS (a favorite Evan saying), am I ready to have this baby! She is extremely low - this according to my midwives who can feel the base of her skull in my pelvis rather than the top of her head, and backed up by the she's-about-to-fall-out feeling I have down there. This gives me hope that a) she'll be early, and b) I'll have a miraculously short labor. I figure after my first birth experience, I pretty much earned that. Here's to hoping!
A pic of the beautiful henna painting on my ready to burst belly:

No comments: