Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Playgroup"

At this point, this word has come to have many meanings for us. Before we had Evan and I heard the word "playgroup", I envisioned (I know this is terrible) a group of dowdy moms sitting around scrapbooking about their babies and eating Doritos. Maybe I'm not the only one, and this is why so many women are waiting longer to become a mother? In any case, what we've searched for/found/created is a wonderful departure from what I used to envision! Our playgroups provide us with grounding, support, exercise & play buddies, friends, a sense of community - and on and on.
Here's what I mean:
Girls Playgroup - outdoor fun & hanging out. Doesn't it appear that our group breeds like rabbits? Neighborhood Playgroup - at "The Cave"

What a pleasant surprise from what I had feared of suburbia living. I never dreamt of hanging out in a setting like this, with a neighbor providing live entertainment, kegs, a chocolate fountain (the hosts must be catering to pregnant ladies), and a fire pit - all in the name of "playtime" for the kids! Pretty much doesn't get cooler than this.

No comments: